Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - against the Avalanche in the finale.
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

against the Avalanche in the finale.

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
douhua2233
Novizio
Novizio

MessaggioInviato: Ven 10 Ago 2018 @ 10:07    Oggetto: against the Avalanche in the finale. Rispondi citando

HOUSTON — There is something appropriate about the Houston Rockets‘ championship aspirations hinging upon the availability of guard Chris Paul.

His right hamstring strain could not only shift the balance of the Western Conference Finals Dalton Schultz Color Rush Jersey , it might impact which team hoists the Larry O’Brien Trophy at the end of the NBA Finals and this postseason marred by injuries.

Paul, acquired by the Rockets last offseason to provide the backcourt depth required to challenge the reigning champion Golden State Warriors, departed with 22.4 seconds remaining in Houston’s 98-94 win in Game 5 at Toyota Center and sat out Golden State’s 115-86 win in Game 6 at Oracle Arena.

With Game 7 set for Monday at Toyota Center, Paul was listed as questionable by Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni, who described the rehab process as going good on Sunday.

According to D’Antoni, Paul had yet to test the hamstring and has only received treatment.

Team doctors will re-evaluate Paul on Monday, with the decision on his availability to be determined by tipoff. The Rockets raced to a 17-point lead in the first quarter of Game 6 only to run out of steam without Paul present to alleviate the pressure on fellow guards James Harden and Eric Gordon. Houston produced a paltry 25 points in the second half of their 115-86 setback.

“The bottom line is we can’t turn it over and we need to do a better job,” D’Antoni said of the Rockets’ 21 turnovers in Game 6, with Harden (nine) and Gordon (five) responsible for two-thirds of that total. “But we knew this was hard. They’re champs. They were going to come back fighting and they did their part.

“I think the turnovers got them (the Warriors) going. And then once you get them going and they get out of the box, and we didn’t communicate real well two or three times, and then they just got on a roll. If you get these guys on a roll then they can hurt you. And they did.”

The Warriors have never lacked confidence in this series, even while falling into a 3-2 deficit. However http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josey-jewell-jersey , their decisive victory in Game 6 served to reinforce the reality of what happens when they are at their best, especially with the Rockets short-handed missing such a significant piece.

Golden State has survived without veteran swingman Andre Iguodala, who has missed the last three games of the series and is questionable for the finale with a left lateral leg contusion. Center Kevon Looney (sore left toe) is also questionable, but the Warriors remain undeterred.

“I feel like we’re the best team in the world and the most fun team to watch when we’re pushing that ball and getting defensive stops, making the simple play,” said Warriors guard Klay Thompson, who scored a game-high 35 points while sinking nine 3-pointers.

“We’ve got too much talent not just to hit singles like coach (Steve Kerr) always says and trust the next man ahead of us because it will end up working in our favor most of the time.”

Shooting 49.4 percent from the floor, including 16 of 38 on 3-pointers while producing 26 assists on 43 field goals, the Warriors again featured the offense that ran roughshod over the NBA. When the Warriors get rolling, the only thing that appears capable of slowing their progress is their own complacency.

“I thought we could have gotten this done earlier,” Warriors forward Draymond Green said. “I think in Game 4 we kind of gave the game away, and in Game 5 I think we gave the game away. But nonetheless Eduardo Escobar Minnesota Twins Jersey , we know how good of a ballclub they are, and we knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.

“So you never want to go to Game 7, but when you’re down 3-2, you definitely want to do.”

After Game 6, D’Antoni revisited a moment from the offseason when the team convened in the Bahamas. He asked, rhetorically, if the Rockets would take a Game 7 on their home court against the Warriors and, in a heartbeat, D’Antoni acknowledged the benefit of that scenario.

Despite their injury concerns and even against the significant odds of defeating Golden State a fourth time, the Rockets have the Warriors right where they want them. Finishing the series with a victory won’t be easy, but it will be made easier hosting that showdown in Houston.

“We’ve got a whole city behind us and they are as loyal as they come,” Harden said. “Game 7 in H-town. Let’s get it.”

The playoff field for the Western Conference is almost set.

Patrik Berglund and St. Louis are going to Colorado to try for the final spot.

Berglund scored three times to help the Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 on Friday night Brent Suter Milwaukee Brewers Jersey , setting up a showdown with the Avalanche for the conference’s last wild card.

”When you have to win your last game, it’s intense,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said. ”Obviously there’s lot of pressure. I hope our guys embrace that because it’s going to be a fun game.”

Carter Hutton made 19 saves as St. Louis stopped a three-game slide that included a 4-3 home loss to Chicago on Wednesday night on Duncan Keith’s power-play goal with 8.5 seconds left. Jaden Schwartz also scored in the third after an ugly turnover by the Blackhawks.

St. Louis (44-31-6) moved one point ahead of idle Colorado (42-30-9) heading into their finale Saturday night. The Blues have won three of four against the Avalanche this season.

Colorado needs a regulation win to make it to the postseason, while St. Louis takes the spot if it goes to overtime.

”Final game, 82 all on the line at Denver,” Hutton said.

Erik Gustafsson scored for Chicago, and Jean-Francois Berube made 31 saves. The last-place Blackhawks (33-38-10) finished with an 18-18-5 record at home.

Veteran forward Patrick Sharp got the start in what was likely his final game at the United Center. The 36-year-old Sharp, who has 10 goals and 11 assists in his 15th NHL season, said he probably will retire after the finale Saturday night in his native Winnipeg.

”It’s never easy, but I’m just ready to take that next step in my life, and I’m looking forward to it,” Sharp said.

The team honored Sharp with a highlight video in the third period Trenton Cannon Color Rush Jersey , and he waved his stick and tapped his heart to acknowledge the sustained roar from what was left of the announced crowd of 22,218. With his parents, wife and children watching from the stands, he took another spin around the rink after the game was over and waved as the crowd cheered again.

”It was a tough game out there, tough to concentrate with what was going on inside my head,” said Sharp, a key part of three Stanley Cup-winning teams in Chicago. ”But thankful that I was able to do that. The Hawks put that video on for me in the third which was really special. The guys staying on the ice and making me do a lap was something I’ll always remember. So, special night.”

Berglund redirected a shot by Joel Edmundson past Berube with 1:43 left in the first period. The Blues carried the 1-0 lead into the third, but Gustafsson whipped a wrist shot by Hutton on the stick side at 8:08.

Just 16 seconds later, Berglund swept in from the side and poked home a rebound for his 16th of the season. After Brayden Schenn set up Schwartz’s one-timer at 12:40, Berglund added an empty-netter to complete his second career hat trick.

”I think we all played a pretty good game today,” Berglund said. ”It’s good for everybody’s confidence and now we know what we have to do tomorrow.”

NOTES: The Blackhawks honored Hall of Fame forward Stan Mikita with ”One More Shift” before the game. The 77-year-old Mikita http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-tanner-lee-jersey , who is the franchise’s career leader in games played, points and assists and is second in goals to Bobby Hull, has a brain disorder called Lewy body dementia, so his three grandsons represented him on the ice for the national anthem. … Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews missed his seventh straight game with an upper-body injury. Anthony Duclair (lower body), John Hayden (upper body) and Tomas Jurco (illness) also were scratched, and Chicago went with seven defensemen. … The Blues scratched G Jake Allen, and G Ville Husso was the backup for Hutton. Allen is expected to start against the Avalanche in the finale.

UP NEXT

Blues: Visit Colorado on Saturday night.

Blackhawks: Visit Winnipeg on Saturday night.

Jay Cohen can be reached at .
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Serie A1 Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: