Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - league’s competition
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

league’s competition

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Mercato
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
douhua2233
Super tifoso
Super tifoso

MessaggioInviato: Gio 30 Ago 2018 @ 10:11    Oggetto: league’s competition Rispondi citando

Quenton Nelson made quite a first impression on the Indianapolis Colts.

He's hoping to have the same impact on Andrew Luck.

The Colts finally gave their franchise quarterback some extra protection by taking the Notre Dame guard Malik Jefferson Jersey , the highest-rated offensive linemen in the NFL draft, with the sixth overall pick on Thursday night. He is the first guard selected in the first round by Indy since Ron Solt in 1984.

"I would say that I'm a very nasty offensive lineman who wants to finish every play whether it's in the run game or the pass game," Nelson said. "I want to work together to have the best offensive line in the league and protect one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL."

He's the first guard to be selected in the top six in more than two decades, and it didn't take the 6-foot-5, 330-pound Nelson long to convince the Colts he was worthy of it.

General manager Chris Ballard said he watched Nelson play once last season, against Miami. But because of an extended coaching search and the transition to a new staff, Ballard only made it to one pro day 鈥?in South Bend in March.

He spoke with Nelson after the workout, then headed home to explain to his staff why he thought Nelson was ahead of his college teammate, tackle Mike McGlinchey, who was taken by San Francisco at No. 9.

"You could just feel it," Ballard said as he struggled to explain the sensation. "I could feel it when I watched Adrian Peterson coming out. It was the same thing with Dez (Bryant). You can just feel it sometimes. With Quenton Nelson, it was the same way."

Back at team headquarters, others concurred.

Perhaps that explains why Ballard was willing to trade back three spots and then turned down another offer to move back. Ballard didn't say which team made the offer, but just minutes after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Nelson's name Buffalo traded up from No. 12 to No. 7.

New coach Frank Reich jumped on board after watching Nelson's tape.

"My first impression is that this is the best offensive lineman I've seen coming out in a while," he said. "His ability to pull is so far greater than anything we've ever seen."

Nelson also fills a huge need for Indy as Luck attempts to come back from a shoulder surgery that kept him out for the entire 2017 season. In 70 career starts, Luck has been sacked 156 times and taken 691 hits 鈥?the highest total in the league over that span according to the NFL. Last year, Indy allowed 56 sacks.

Pass protection hasn't been the only problem.

As Indy played musical chairs with the interior line for most of the past six years, the Colts have produced just one 1,000-yard rusher in that time and last season the Colts averaged 3.7 yards per carry.

Indy also lost its top rusher from the past three seasons Brad Nortman Jersey , Frank Gore, in free agency.

Nelson, who started 36 games at left guard for the Irish, will now play alongside center Ryan Kelly, Indy's first-round pick in 2016. The line also will be comprised of left tackle Anthony Castonzo, a first-round pick in 2011; veteran guard Matt Slauson, a free-agent signee; and possibly guard Jack Mewhort, a second-round pick in 2014 who is trying to come back from two injury-plagued seasons.

The bigger question continues to be Luck, who not thrown a regulation football since returning from rehab in Europe late last year.

But if Luck makes it back, Nelson's presence should certainly help him stay upright.

He was a second-team All-American last season and one of four finalists for the 2017 Outland Trophy, which is awarded to the nation's best interior lineman.

"I definitely feel like I can come up and start from Day 1," said Nelson, who watched the draft from his family's lake home less than a three-hour drive from Lucas Oil Stadium.

The Colts are banking on it.

"He has everything we want. He's tough, passionate, he loves the game," Ballard said. "He's nasty, he's tough and his football character is off the charts. He's got unique size and bend and straight power."

Indy had eight more picks over the final two days of the draft including four Friday 鈥?three in the second round and one in the third.

鈥?Lured out of the broadcast booth with a $100 million contract that makes him the highest-paid football coach ever, Jon Gruden sauntered up to the podium and flashed that mischievous smile.“I’m very excited to be back here in Indianapolis,” Gruden declared. “I sure have missed the combine.”Gruden is navigating an offseason NFL landscape that’s changed drastically since he last roamed the sideline nearly a decade ago.“It’s a lot different because you’re not allowed to have any interaction with the players Jim McMahon Jersey , and I’ve always complained about that since the new (collective bargaining agreement) came into place,” Gruden said Wednesday. “A lot of players would come to see me in Tampa to get their football fix.“So, you’re not allowed to have contact with these guys. But what’s most discouraging to me is we’ve got to make some decisions on our roster, on salaries, on players and their futures and you can’t even meet them,” Gruden grumbled.“I don’t know these guys. I’ve never coached them. I never met half of them. So, that’s been very, very difficult for me and I’ve been emotional about it at times.”On the next podium was Matt Patricia, who, unlike his former colleague Josh McDaniels, didn’t balk at leaving Bill Belichick’s brigade.Then there was Andy Reid, in the midst of another major roster shakeup, and his protege, Doug Pederson, still basking in Philadelphia’s first Super Bowl triumph in just his second season as coach of the Eagles.All are gathering this week in Indianapolis hoping to better their chances of winning in 2018.Top college prospects, including a group of quarterbacks that could produce five first-round draft picks, will spend four days getting poked and prodded, tested and timed.GMs and coaches will pepper them with questions either in formal 15-minute interviews or during a mixed zone after their physical assessments.“It’s a chance to get to know these guys, to know exactly what you’re getting when they come into the building Derek Newton Jersey ,” said new Texans general manager Brian Gaine.He said their athleticism and acumen are already well-known, and they’ll flash their strength, speed and swiftness this week at Lucas Oil Stadium.What the GMs and coaches want to do is get a look under the hood.“We’d like to talk about football as much as we can, but we need to know everything we can to find out about these players,” Gaine said. “So when they come into our building (we know) that they’re a good fit for us in the locker room, in the weight room, in the training room, in the meeting rooms, out on the practice field.”After this week, teams will retreat to their headquarters and begin preparing for the annual flood of free agents that will hit the market in mid-March.NFL reported this week that teams will soon receive in-game player-tracking data on every NFL player in the league, something that could change the way they scout opponents and evaluate free agents.The league has gathered the data since 2014 through sensors in players’ shoulder pads. Until now, teams only had data on their own players.Some teams have embraced the new tools more than others.“Are you talking about the analytics, the GPS, all the modern technology?” Gruden said. “Man, I’m trying to throw the game back to 1998.“You know, really as a broadcaster, I went around and observed every team, asked a lot of questions, took a look at the facilities Britton Colquitt Jersey , how they’re doing business, there’s a stack of analytic data or ‘DAY-tuh,’ however you want to say that word, people don’t even know how to read it. It’s one thing to have the data 鈥?or DAY-tuh 鈥?it’s another thing to know how to read the damn thing.“So, I’m not going to rely on GPSs and all the modern technology. I will certainly have some people that are professional that can help me from that regard. But I still think doing things the old-fashioned way is a good way, and we’re going to try to lean the needle that way a little bit.”Also meeting in Indianapolis this week is the league’s competition committee, which is looking into fixing the catch rule, something commissioner Roger Goodell said was his top offseason priority.The committee is also pondering whether to change the defensive pass interference rule from a spot foul into a 15-yard infraction as it is in college.Broncos coach Vance Joseph dismissed that possibility because of the harm it could cause to a league that just gave us a thrilling Super Bowl featuring 1,151 yards of offense, more than any NFL game ever played.“The DPI rule’s not going to change, guys. That’s nice media talk,” Joseph said. “The catch rule? It has to clear up what’s an actual catch and what’s not a catch. But the DPI rule’s not going to change. It’s a fun game. We like to see points being scored. If that rule changes, there’s going to be a lot of defensive backs grabbing and pulling guys, so that won’t change.”.
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Mercato Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: