Contatti
  Segnala il sito
  Privacy
  L’ANGOLO DEL C.R.V.
  LA TRU-BRICA
  ANGOLO DI CECCHIGOL
  FACEBOOK
Disclaimer

La pubblicazione di contenuto di qualsiasi tipo, letterale o altro, da parte di utente in qualsivoglia area accessibile del sito non implica alcuna adesione dello Staff di Futsalveneto a tale contenuto, né la condivisione della responsabilità, che resta individuale ed esclusivamente a capo dell'utente.

ATTENZIONE:
L'IP dell'utente che posta nel forum viene registrato insieme al messaggio e puo' essere fornito su richiesta dell'autorita' giudiziaria al fine di individuare gli autori di messaggi offensivi, diffamatori o illegali in genere. In casi normali l'IP non viene reso pubblico.

futsalveneto :: Leggi argomento - College football coaching legend John Gagliardi always did t
 FAQFAQ   CercaCerca   GruppiGruppi   ProfiloProfilo   Messaggi privatiMessaggi privati   Log inLog in 

College football coaching legend John Gagliardi always did t

Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> La Nazionale
Precedente :: Successivo  
Autore Messaggio
zhengpeng8899
Novizio
Novizio

MessaggioInviato: Sab 03 Nov 2018 @ 09:24    Oggetto: College football coaching legend John Gagliardi always did t Rispondi citando

College football coaching legend John Gagliardi always did things his way
He did. Gagliardi spent 60 years coaching the St. John's (Minn.) football team (and four before that coaching at Carroll College in Montana) and went 489-138-11 over his career. Yes, he won 77 percent of his games. His teams won 27 conference titles and four national championships.He retired in 2012.Joe Paterno is second on the all-time win list, by the way, at 409.This is the part you might not believe. In fact, just so you know it's true I'm going to quote The New York Times, from 2009:He does not allow tackling in practice, has no playbook and does not require his players to participate in strength and conditioning workouts. There is no yelling, no tackling dummies and no whistles. His quarterbacks call most of the plays.Gagliardi also insists that everyone call him John instead of Coach."We don't have no mission statements, no big philosophy," Gagliardi said. "We just do it."No tackling in practice! Can you imagine it?Gagliardi never meant to be a coach. But then, when he was still playing on his high school team, the head coach was summoned to fight in World War II. And Gagliardi, being a bold high school kid , convinced his school to let him be a player/coach then promptly cut out of practice all the things he disliked. From the Case Keenum Authentic Jersey
Minneapolis Star Tribune:"The thing I really remember is that our coach before didn't allow us to have water [during https://www.vonmillerbroncosshop.com/authentic-case-keenum-jersey-sale-1_121.html
practice]," Gagliardi said. "That was the prevailing thought back then: Don't drink water during practice. I just ignored that. … A lot of the things I did later were because I started that way, and it worked so I never changed. As I got to a higher level coaching, people thought I was nuts. But eventually I think I've won over most of those people."He worked his way through junior college (where he played basketball) and then coached at a high school in Colorado which offered to pay for him to get his college degree. From there he went to Montana before being lured to St. John's … to coach both football and hockey. He knew little about hockey and still won 24 of the 31 games he coached.Oh, and he also coached the basketball team.You'll want to check out this ancient-looking site that includes a accumulation of things he didn't let his program do. That was how he approached it: "Winning with no." He banned what was common practice elsewhere and it worked.There are also several books on Gagliardi available; I recommend Austin Murphy's The Sweet Season: A Sportswriter Rediscovers Football, Family and a Bit of Faith at Minnesota's St. John's University.Sure. It's not like Gagliardi was recruiting Division I talent and then swarming other Division III teams. Eventually his school started naturally attracting top-flight talent (for that level) but it wasn't any sort of powerhouse when he arrived and he went undefeated and won a national title in his 11th season. Gagliardi legitimately won despite cutting out all the drudgery and histrionics that we're accustomed to seeing on Hard Knocks and Last Chance U and the like. He totally dismantled the idea that only brutal, harsh practices can build the "character" or "toughness" required John Elway White Elite Jersey
to play the game of football.Look, if football wants to survive the culture probably needs to change. C.J. Anderson White Elite Jersey
Relentless contact outside of game situations should probably be limited as we continue to learn more about Nike Bradley Chubb Jersey On Sale
how the brain deals with such impacts.The game is incredibly physical and violent and if there's a way to limit that part of it and still win then that's the proper path for players.Gagliardi proved it was possible.MORE:Twitter reacts to Derrick Lewis' legendary octagon interviewUFC fighters react to Khabib Nurmagomedov beating Conor McGregor, sparking chaosNFL Week 5 picks against the spread: Will Aaron Rodgers beat the Lions?Lonzo Ball was called out in Instagram drama with longtime girlfriend Denise GarciaQuentin Gause White Elite Jersey
Kasim Edebali White Elite Jersey
AJ Derby White Elite Jersey
Chad Kelly White Elite Jersey
Nike Shane Ray Jersey On Sale
Bennie Fowler III White Elite Jersey
Cody Latimer Jersey
Vance Walker Jersey
Jamal Carter White Elite Jersey
Nike Steven Scheu Jersey On Sale
Nike DeAngelo Henderson Jersey On Sale
Steve Atwater White Elite Jersey
Jordan Taylor Jersey
Nike Chris Harris Jr Jersey On Sale
Nike Bernard Pierce Jersey On Sale
Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo argomento   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> La Nazionale Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: